Advice on the most comfortable set up for sleeping please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
We have a 4m bell and use carp fishers bed chairs. Bearing in mind these carp fishermen can be sat in one for 48hrs or so, they're supremely comfortable for a nights sleep. This sort of thing:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/fishing/fishing-chairs-and-beds

More legs the better, ours are 6 legs and I still make the mistake of sitting on the end and tipping it up.

Last two trips out I've used an Exped Synmat 9 long/wide, while Madam has one of the bedchairs, but this is only for convenience and less room taken up in the back of a 3dr Toyota. If your tent has room, I'd look at the bedchairs.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I use an Exped Down mat 9lw, if pack space isn't a issue. It takes up quite a bit of the space, in a 2 man tent too.
I use the Down Mat 5m most of the time. I find it perfect.

shindig

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2013
Scotland
I use an exped downmat 7 all year round. Very comfy. I have 3 sleeping bags I use at varying times of year. Just now I'm using a snugpack jungle bag and cotton liner. In late autumn and early spring I use a vaude cheyan 500 which is a great down sleeping bag especially given it's very nice price on Amazon. For deep winter I have a Rab ascent 700 sleeping bag. I also use a fleece sleeping bag liner. I've gone through numerous pillows and have settled on a Nemo Fillo extra wide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE