advice for planning a 'survival' hike/ expedition?

Brynglas

+1 for Bam's response. No, after how well prepared and knowledgeably you are, living off the land is hard work. If however you do want to explore and practice living off the land get some training in first aid and navigation first if you haven't already and then look at foraging knowledge.
As far as routes are concerned, there's some fantastic wild and remote country in the Cambrian mountains of mid Wales. Sparsely populated, plenty of water sources and a few bothies thatbyoure can use between nights in bivvvies.

Nov 18, 2014
London
+1 for Bam's response. No, after how well prepared and knowledgeably you are, living off the land is hard work. If however you do want to explore and practice living off the land get some training in first aid and navigation first if you haven't already and then look at foraging knowledge.
As far as routes are concerned, there's some fantastic wild and remote country in the Cambrian mountains of mid Wales. Sparsely populated, plenty of water sources and a few bothies thatbyoure can use between nights in bivvvies.

yeah i know it will be hard, thats why im here for advice. im also planning well in advance so i have time to get some training and knowledge. ive done hiking before so i know how to read and follow a map so thats not an issue

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE