Adidas moisture wicking underwear in Costco

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that I managed to find some Adidas Climate underwear today in Costco. 3 pack for 11.99 ex VAT.

Pretty good value for very comfortable underwear that work well under any base layer to wick moisture.

Sizes available were Medium to XL. Medium being 32''-34''.

These are 91%Polyester 9%Elastane and have external stitching so no chaffing!

See pics below. (none of me wearing them! Sorry! )

f8d8b4ffb54a6c01c1322dac894dff1c.jpg

5ff1a2beb6a5e3e5d901ab69a0429e9e.jpg

bcd009dca6d43074eb3098ec008e4aa9.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
So that is why Adidas wanted to take pictures of me!
:lmao:

I find underwear like this start to smell on day three.
Haha!

I've never tried anything like this really so going to give them a go. I invested in some merino base layers but thought if I'm still wearing cotton boxers there's little to no point.

If you have any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Never tried the Adidas ones but the underarmour shorts are fantastic bits of kit,

Tonyuk
I've been using these the last few days to test them and they are really comfortable and seem to breathe very well. I'll see how they hold up on a camping tip in a week!

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
So that is why Adidas wanted to take pictures of me!
:lmao:

I find underwear like this start to smell on day three.

Same experience here. The only ones who last a bit longer i found sofar (synthetic) are the Patagonia ones, and even those are just a couple of days extra. For longer duration i'm more comfortable with Merino baselayers (since i don't have the typical wool itch from those, and it really does take longer to stink up, though it'll get there eventually ;) ).

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
My skin gets really itchy from wool, so I use pure cotton.

I do not know the reson why some materials smell quicker than other, as the body that causes the smell is the same?

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Keep powdering down there and change pairs frequently, at least once every 2 days, and go over with a wipe atleast every day. Bring germoline in case you get sweat itch between the canyon.

Tonyuk

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
My skin gets really itchy from wool, so I use pure cotton.

I do not know the reson why some materials smell quicker than other, as the body that causes the smell is the same?

Have you tried merino wool? Really makes a big difference. If you're extremely sensitive you might have the problem still, but sofar i haven't met many people who can't stand merino ;).

The reason some smell more quickly: the sweat doesn't smell and the body doesn't really cause the smell, it's the bacteria which multiply in the sweat outside of your body. Combined with sweat occuring in hot moist environments (armpits for example) which is an excellent breathing ground for bacteria. Wool has some antibacterial properties, which inhibits the growth of the bacteria -> less smell. Patagonia uses some kind of silver impregnation of the fabric i believe, which leads to less bacteria due to silver's antibacterial properties, so less smell. Eventually it'll get overwhelmed though.

I'm a person with some body odor issues. People who know and work with me know that (i tell them, since i know. I rather have someone tell me i'm not smelling fresh so i can do something about it, than not know because i can't smell it from myself unless it becomes absolutely terrible :p).
Wearing a cotton base (normal t-shirt or longsleeve) -> couple of hours before someone mentions. By the end of the day, i get "sick" of myself and really need to put something else on.
Something with an antibacterial impregnation -> couple of days i can wear it. 2-3, 4 tops.
Merino wool t-shirt i'm wearing at the moment -> been wearing it for a little under a week now (6 days), and no comments. (Though it's longer than i normally would wear it, just decided to test it by continuing to wear it. Doesn't really get dirty since i usually have something on over top of it. I like the wool base with a longsleeve poly base layer on top in winter)

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
neh, merino wool all the way!
no itch, no odour, no petrochemicals, better moisture control, better feel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE