accessories

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
hi guys
i bought my first camera on sunday, it arrived on tuesday, and i have taken it for walks everyday since.
(its a nikon d60, with kit lens and a tamron af 70-300mm f4-5.6 di ld macro 1:2 lens, camera bag, remote battery. ive already bought a mem stick and a spare battery is on order)
are there any other accessories that could be useful for wildlife (bird, deer) as well as macro pics
especially wanted is oppinions on uv and polarizing filters

ps i have access to two tripods a full size and a tabletopc

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
"daylight" screw on uv filters for both lenses to protect the front optics from scratches.

Polariser to reduce reflections and reduce haze

Lens hoods (if not integral to the lenses) to reduce flare

Nd filters have their uses as do close ups depends what your doing.

play and enjoy!

Gweedo

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
Wales
Looks fine to me - use it to protect the front element of your lens.

As for other accessories, it really depends what type of photography interests you, be it portraits, landscapes etc, but other things I'd consider would be:

A case to protect your investment - I use one of these: http://www.galeforcecases.co.uk/?air-line-carry-on,45 - excellent piece of kit.

Polarisers will really increase the impact of landscape shots. I wouldn't leave home without one.
Agree entirely with the lens hood
Photoshop Elements 8.0
Microfibre cloth
A separate flashgun will improve your shots no end
Some slide in filters (Cokin, Koob etc) will allow you to get creative.
Silly expensive f2.0 500mm lens........

Of course, it appears that the camera market has expensive down to a tee, you can easily spend lots of money on branded accessories, so it pays to shop around, and sometimes, ebay IS your friend.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Hi :) how far did you went from your original buget of 300 pounds to get that gear? :) Any interesting photos yet?
I ordered Canon EOS 500D today. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE