A wee nicht in the woods.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Gill and I had a wee outing last night (not that kind:rolleyes:) at a new spot.

Woke up to snow..

It was whiter outside the wood.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
just you and gill? there is aboot 5 tarps there! :) like the way your main sitting area tarp is setup whats the poles that you are using to keep it up?

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
It was a good wee nicht too. yesterday was a really fresh clear day ,then i got woke up after 1 this morning wae the snow blowing right into the gable of my wee hammock and the thing had stretched a bit and my bum was nearly on the ground and the wind had picked up and pulled one of the pegs oot from my tarp :eek: But what a change today it was really white and cold.cheers Tam for a nice nicht oot and a great spot , the rat paks were good too apart fae the kipper :lmao:and me nearly takin ma didgets off with a silky saw :rolleyes:good pics buddy.

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
just you and gill? there is aboot 5 tarps there! :) like the way your main sitting area tarp is setup whats the poles that you are using to keep it up?

It was those basha poles from the bay and a couple of clothes props.

Can never have too many tarps.:D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
After nursing the injured Gill back from the dead,it was found that the scratched fingers in question were unworthy of pics...:lmao:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Superb. It's pictures like these that I realy like seeing whilst I'm working and looking through the window at a harsh city landscape. Of course, if I stopped logging in to BCUK whilst working, I would probably spend more time at home and bimbling :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice :D
I had visions of a repeat of Wiston after the snow we've been having :rolleyes: :D

Seriously looks like a good chill out night :approve:

Hear? can anybody mind how much those grill things cost ? I have one that's never been used but I stole the hanging grill to use on my oil drum firebowl.
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit Tam :eek:

atb,
Mary

OOopps cross post. I know I didn't get mine for that, I thought it was around the £14.95 or so :dunno:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
nice pics, looks like you had fun, wee surprise in the morn as well with the snow!!

The surprise was being woken by the wife on the phone at 8am... whilst in a nice slumber to say it was snowing.:lmao:
I've had a word with her about calling me at work in the middle of the night...

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Positively balmy last night in comparison to Wiston Mary.

I think those bbqs started at £25,could be wrong.

We were in the airt of 'Old King Cole' near a bit known as 'Dead mans home' which was meant to be the site of a battle of some kind involving King Coyle,so local lore says.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Coyle hen, king of the Northern British ? Who left a daughter fairer than any in Britain?
Tarbolton or Deid man's Holm ?
They excavated the mound there in the 19th century and found cinerary urns with bones underneath capstones.
No other grave goods iirc though.

Pretty bit of the world anyroads :D

cheers,
Mary

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
After nursing the injured Gill back from the dead,it was found that the scratched fingers in question were unworthy of pics...:lmao:

The injured Gills fingers were gushin ,that silky jist got them !(a thought they were aff fur a minute) :eek:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hate cuts like those. Ragged ones that take ages to heal and leave bits of dry catch on everything edges for a week or so :sigh:
Hope it's not that bad.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE