A warm hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 28, 2017
Sussex
Just poking my head in through the canopy to say hello, look forward to reading through the forum.

A little about me: I'm from Sussex not far from the hills of the South Downs. In fact they're walking distance from my house. I started out photographing landscapes and quickly found myself being drawn into the woodland around the places I visit. Which sparked a fire in me and slowly I've been learning bushcraft skills. I have a youtube channel which has a mixture of both my hobbies. So I can document and watch my learning progress as the channel grows.

ATB. Bearded Bushcrafter

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi, welcome in. I'm a Downs dweller too, it's a lovely place to live.

However, the BBC weather app people need shooting. We set off on Friday for a full on car camp at New House Farm at East Dean on Friday, with the promise of a heatwave weekend. 5 am Saturday morning, one of the dogs needed out. I unzipped the tent to see the approaching sky completely black, then the wind picked up and I knew we were in for a hammering. Grabbed the scavenging mutt and ran for the tent just as the sky was rent by lightning. Seconds later, the monsoon started.

Stayed 3 nights, with heavy downpours and thunderstorms, its good to know an untreated 4m canvas belltent can take all that without any leaks.

Whereabouts are you? PM if you want, I'm just north of Chichester over the Trundle.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE