A video camera that for wildlife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

I would like to get myslef a video camera for filming wildlife and as one who has enough trouble with keeping up with mobile phone technology I haven't a clue when it come to camcorders!

A camera that works in low light would be a of great advntage as I spend many evenings in the woods watching badger, deer, foxes, etc.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Cheers,

TMKTC.

Metatron

Sep 12, 2010
Worthing
I'd probably go with a Panasonic DMC-FZ100 digital camera. Its a stills camera but:
The DMC-FZ100 can record 1,920 x 1,080 full-HD movie of 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL) in AVCHD with high sound quality of Dolby Digital Stereo Creator.

The big thing is it has 24x optical zoom and is smallish. If you put it on a tripod or monopod, you should be able to get some nice stuff.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
If your not bothered about posting on you tube an older hi 8 camera would fit the bill......mines got an ok night vision and will work if a bit pixely in low light.
They are virtually free now as most want digital.D

Thanks for the replies folks. I have a EOS 40D for stills and really just need a dedicated camcorder.

Ogri/Red - Hi lads hope all is well with you. I've been pretty rushed off my feet with a few projects - one of which is very close to fruition, will pm you when it goes live :)

Cheers,

TMKTC.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE