A very nice seasonal foraging guide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kazinnature

Jun 9, 2008
Bedfordshire
Very good but no strawberries or raspberries in the list. And the bilberries I've eaten this year so far were in the first week in July nr Pendine, Wales. These three are my favourites in the summer. I'll have to have a look at the Hedgerow Harvest Book as I love all that.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
The River Cottage handbooks are great - really well written and presented. I have the Veg Patch, Bread and Preserves ones. All highly recomended.

I particularly like the small hardback format - they seem quite 'kitchen-proof' and I think they would be pretty resiliant standing up to being thrown in a rucksack and used out in the field.

I'll be buying the Hedgerow book soon i recon! :)

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Thanks. No walnuts listed - does anyone know when's best to start picking as I'm always too late. Do you pick them when they're still pale inside and dry them out til they turn brown?

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I just got the River Cottage Hedgrow guide, as has been said already well written and the book format itself is "just right". A good price on amazon too.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE