A turkshead knot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Howdy folks!
I'm rubbish at knots but love looking at decorative knotwork :D So I figured that I've no excuse now that I have a big coil of paracord on the wall...

My first turkshead is on a knife handle and drying ATM (I used twine for a handle wrap and a turkshead in the middle, so sealed it with PVA art attack style) but here's my second attempt, with paracord around a knife sheath. The sheath was perfectly functional but looked too tactical so I thought maybe a turks head knot would soften it a bit. The knife lanyard has a false turks head, too.

turks1.jpg

turks2.jpg

This stuff is addictive :D I'll need to get me a sheepsfoot folder with a marlin spike now :D

Pete

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
That looks great!
happy0034.gif

Now if it were bright yellow paracord......
happy0054.gif

Gotta get me some bright yellow paracord, and start learning how to do this type of thing.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
That looks great!
happy0034.gif

Now if it were bright yellow paracord......
happy0054.gif

Gotta get me some bright yellow paracord, and start learning how to do this type of thing.
Cheers :D It's easier that I thought it would be really, here's my favourite guide:
http://www.folsoms.net/knots/turkshead.htm
:D

FYI
That 'false Turk's head' on the lanyard look to be the simple Chinese button knot.
Cheers :D I just saw it on youtube described as a false turks head :p

Pete

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Grrr you lot and your nice knots which are not nice knots but a pain in the bum knots :lmao:

Go on, give it a go :D It's really not as hard as it looks, it can be a little awkward getting your head round the drawings at first (a youtube video helped with that!) but the second time is way easier, and once you've done the first cycle of the knot you just follow what you've done already :D

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE