A trip to Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
I'm planning a trip in Canada, west coast. Jasper and Banff National parks are planned, but I'd like some advice from you about place where stay, things to see or do and so on.

Thanks to all

Hrafnmann

Jan 19, 2013
BC
Well, there are lots of opportunities to do the typical touristy things like wildlife watching, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, white water rafting, mountain biking, etc. I will just warn you that Banff is a beautiful place but rather expensive to do any shopping or staying in general....a tourist trap if there ever was one. You can check this site out http://www.banfflakelouise.com/Things-To-Do/ for some ideas. I do recommend heading to the Columbia Ice Field to have a mosey about on the glacier...they even have a special vehicle that will drive right up and onto it. You may also want to consider heading south a bit to Radium Hotsprings for a splash in those lovely pools. The whole area from Jasper to Banff to Radium and right down to the U.S. border is chock full of outdoorsy opportunities with vast stretches of wilderness.

As for places to stay, all depends on your wallet. You can stay at some palatial hotels or roughing it with some camping in countless provincial parks. B&B maybe a good option and/or a stay at log cabin. It is a huge area we are talking about but with a good travel agent or just some intensive Googling you should be able to sniff out some decent deals and amazing places to stay, summer or winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE