A Summer's Day on Derwentwater in the Autumn.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I had to refix a repaired seat into my canoe, and this happened to coincide with a half day off work and possibly the best day of the year so far -not bad for September 30th. My paddles have also been stripped back to the wood and oiled over the summer, I wanted to see how they felt too. It was 25 degrees Celcius as I drove to the marina, and the breeze off the lake was very welcome. I've hardly been paddling this year as I've been trying to get fitter by fellwalking instead, so it was really good to get out on the water.

I fixed the seat into my canoe,

P9300398.jpg

and paddled out to St Herbert's Island for a bit of lunch.

P9300402.jpg

P9300407.jpg

P9300414.jpg

After lunch, I hung my hammock and fitted my new underblanket to it. It arrived just after my Loch Shiel trip in April, and I haven't used it yet unfortunately. It's one of Unsponsored's full length down underquilts and it seems very, very good.

P9300415.jpg

After repacking, I paddled back to the marina and the wind had dropped completely making it swelteringly hot, not that I was complaining.

P9300419.jpg

Cheers, Michael.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good to see you back on the water Michael, lovely pics mate

How's the walking going? Got any trips planned?

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
The walking's been going really well Rich, I've been getting out on the fells at least once a week after work. My fitness has improved dramatically, from struggling to get up Gavel Fell or Melbreak in May, to my latest walks which include the High Stile ridge, Grassmoor and Skiddaw in three or four hours last month. With the nights drawing in now I won't be able to get out any more, and I'm at college twice a week now anyway, so it will have to be the occasional weekend from now on.

Cheers, Michael.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
you should have stayed over for the saturday night /sunday morning party ............ he he he he he he he

hello to ed and amanda from lancaster ??? :D:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE