a stab in the dark recipe? Horlicks tablets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got my brother working on making one of the pill presses as we speak :D But I want different sizes too :rolleyes:

By the way; welcome to BcUK :)

Cheers,
Toddy

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Rap,

How about a real simple sollution to the problem...

Why not put a quantity of the mix into a smallish plastic bag and use a vacuum sealer...

LS

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao:
You get to clean out the filters then :rolleyes: :D
Actually Ludlow, if you could solve the filter problem it might just work......can the vacuum thingie pull the powder into a mould firmly enough to make the dust solidify?

Cheers,
Toddy

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Toddy,

If a long thin bag was used it should be possible to have the powder at the bottom and the vacuum at the top, then seal close to the powder cut above and restart the process for the next...it has to be easier than making tablets, if not it is certainly quicker...

LS

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks,

Some more info on vacuum sealing powder in small bags...

there are LOTS of tricks for vac packing powdery foods.

If it's not too powdery, a paper towel folded over the top of the food will usually suffice. If it's still sucks an annoying amount of powder, here's what you do.

Grocery stores carry cheapo bags called bread bags. They're thin, and are open at the top, no closure. You just put the annoying food in the bread bag, fold or twist it loosely, and shove it in upside down in your vac bag. By the time the powder starts to work its way out of the bread bag, you are already finished vaccing.

LS

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Just found the secret to Amundsen's polar success...

D4784370x.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao:

Okay, break out the recipes again :rolleyes:
Actually, it's Barleycup that's gone rock solid in the jar that's causing me grief just now. It's like trying to chisel out concrete grout :eek:

Cheers,
Toddy

scaleyback

Sep 30, 2006
sheffield
i remeber horlicks tablets from when i was a boy, they came in a tin, like a tobacco tin, but for some strange reason it had a hole in the bottom?????

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE