A sheath for Lauri whittler

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Really lovely, I've handled one of these (Gary's one) and it's a beauty, that sheath really suits it too. Top work chap :)

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Really lovely, I've handled one of these (Gary's one) and it's a beauty, that sheath really suits it too. Top work chap :)

Thanks Stu Gary wanted to make his own sheath for that I offered this style.

Wow that sheath is a lovely bit of work, really compliments the knife...stunning knife too. Very nice work :)

Thanks HH

Right up my street, this set! Lovely work.

Glad you like it Twosocks

Very nice goodjob

Has it got an insert inside the sheath to protect the leather from being sliced up during use?

No liner it doesnt need one due to the use of half tanned leather and the design. That leather is seriously hard. You do have to put the knife in the sheath the right way round though.

It's brilliant! I think it would sell in a heartbeat! :)

Thanks but it was sold before I made the sheath.

beautiful work love the overall set very traditionalist

Thanks Hamish thats how I like to make them.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Beautiful work Alf.
Simplicity every time for me.I still carve regularly with the olive handled one I have of yours.
One of my favourite knives and a similarly perfect sheath.
Simon

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Superb job there Alf, lovin every inch of it ^^
Yours sincerely Ruud

Thanks Ruud

Beautiful work Alf.
Simplicity every time for me.I still carve regularly with the olive handled one I have of yours.
One of my favourite knives and a similarly perfect sheath.
Simon

Thanks Simon
Good to hear its still going well.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Top job!
I use one of those lauri whittler blades almost every day, although mine isnt as nicely done as yours, I just used a piece of plain old burr elm to make my handle.... They are cracking little blades though, easy to keep sharp and as tough as nails, can do most things with it but the moras are just that bit more versatile for fine carving, being of a narrower width.

Last edited:

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Looks great that mate. Take care lee.

Thanks Lee

Top job!
I use one of those lauri whittler blades almost every day, although mine isnt as nicely done as yours, I just used a piece of plain old burr elm to make my handle.... They are cracking little blades though, easy to keep sharp and as tough as nails, can do most things with it but the moras are just that bit more versatile for fine carving, being of a narrower width.

Thanks those are nice blades but i no longer have one maybe time to get another.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE