A Scouts handiwork

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
One of our Scouts decided he wanted to carve a Fork whilst on camp. We found a bit of what I think is hawthorn. With a little bit of tuition this is what he made over the weekend;

Laurencesfork.jpg

I think it's the first time my Lapp Puukko has been entrusted to a Scout, but to good effect. He's really pleased with his work and the fork will probably be a camp regular now. Our GSL has told him not spend any more time around me, as I'm clearly a bad influence.

I'm so proud!

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Its good to be able to teach a skill to a child that wants to learn, now he has the skill he can call upon it at any time in his life if he needs it. Good work

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Good on you Ben and 'mystery scout number 1' :D

And to confirm - yes Peter is right! - you probably are a bad influance! - but hey it could be worse - you could be teaching him to blow things up!;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Could be Dougie!:rolleyes: :lmao:

But to clarify i've known Ben for years and he know's I was being serious! :lmao:

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Good work there the "young person" did good.

I did whittling with my district scouts at a camp the weekend before last and they all loved it we were making spreaders but didnt have time to finish them so my troop are working on them this week.

Our troop bought some Moras of BCUK for the job.

Ben keep it up:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE