A Sad weekend.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
For tha passed 5/6 years we have gone to Marthrown of Mabie and have enjoyed it, I had even recommended it hear on the site.

This year due to weather we could not make our normal Easter trip, so we book the Yurt for a few days in August.

First night was lovely, however Friday and Saturday night we might as well have slept in the city centre next to a night club. (Fri till 3am and Sat passed 4) :(

When we politely explained our disappointment to the site warden, the response was "it's kind of pot luck if you get a noisy party, it's the chance you take"

we will not be going back, and I would strongly advise anyone who's thinking of going to ask if there are any large party's book on the dates as you my not get the woodland experience your expecting.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That's really annoying - I can't stand noise and such in the woods. Sorry to hear about it SS - would have ruined it for me :(

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Gutted for you Rob, we've just enjoyed two weeks exploring the west coast and had a couple of noisy neighbours on various sites.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
We have pretty much given up going to some of our favourite sites in Purbeck for this very reason. I'm sorry you have found the same.

Hope you find somewhere good to use instead.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Things were different years ago. Dalesfoot campsite in the Lake District. Noisy stroppy lads late at night, heavy footfall and voice of campsite owner, "Be quiet or else you'll get m'stick across yer." Reply, from noisy party "Oh, goodnight then." Blissful hush descended.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I avoid Campsites in the warmer months just because of this. Life is harder. And you can't get as much tine in the winter but at least its nice and quiet for the most part.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
You would think that the owners of commercial campsites would have a rule about not disturbing other site users, so as to avoid potential repeat customers being driven away.

Unless of course they can get more money and business from the noisy ones.

:(

Jul 12, 2013
Consett
Yeah we seemed to get that experience at a lot of the sites we visited. Book in as a family and end up being stuck next to idiots partying all night

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
I feel for you mate. Would have ruined it for me, it's the world we live in now i guess that nobody gives a **** about anybody else. The whole reason I get away is to escape the noise of the city. The camp wardens should be policing things like this if they want people to keep using the sites. The party parties that go camping don't go often but the people who will go several times a year will be turned away by one bad experience like this. As you yourself stated, you will not be going back.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bad news mate.

I've just looked at the site and you can have a Sound System Party and they well rent you the sound system so that does not bode well for a quiet stay.

We have a couple of small local sites near us and come 22:00 its shut up and lights off.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Bad news mate.

I've just looked at the site and you can have a Sound System Party and they well rent you the sound system so that does not bode well for a quiet stay.

We have a couple of small local sites near us and come 22:00 its shut up and lights off.

Sound system, sauna and a hot tub? Sounds like a site that's catering for loud parties to be honest. I don't think I would bother booking at this one

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You would think that the owners of commercial campsites would have a rule about not disturbing other site users, so as to avoid potential repeat customers being driven away.

Unless of course they can get more money and business from the noisy ones.

:(

The public campsites over here (the ones state and/or national parks or forests, military bases, etc) do indeed have "quiet hours." But commercial campgrounds vary widely unfortunately.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Bad news mate.

Sound system, sauna and a hot tub? Sounds like a site that's catering for loud parties to be honest. I don't think I would bother booking at this one

As a rule if its a large party they book the whole site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE