A rehandled butcher/boning knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
It's a boning knife now but was a bit bigger originally. :D It's had a lot of use over the years and a lot of sharpenings!

It was sent as a handle-less blade, tang all rusted and pitted.

I was given free reign over the new handle so used some Curly Birch that had been purchased for someone else who changed there mind. It makes a nice change using lighter wood - I always seen to naturally sway towards darker.

To get over the tang being all bumpy, I formed some micarta liners in place so that it conformed perfectly. I used some white hessian and some old suit trousers - I wasn't sure if it would work but I like the look.

308440_374771299299364_74075603_n.jpg

Quite satisfying getting a tool back into a condition that it can be used again. :)

Few more pics here

Oh, and I did do a very quick google of the address on the blade but nothing quickly obvious. I will do some more searching at one point. Would be nice to know the heritage.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Yeah looks good. The blade faces could do with a bit of polishing up though. But on the other hand, it'll go all none-shiney when you use it again anyway.

Decisions decisions;)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yeah looks good. The blade faces could do with a bit of polishing up though. But on the other hand, it'll go all none-shiney when you use it again anyway.

Decisions decisions;)

No, I don't think it needs it. Start to remove too much and you remove the history. It pained me enough to clean the spine up but it was too odd having the handle shiney on the spine and the blade spine being all rough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE