A quick overnighter in Derbyshire

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Further to my post last night to see if anyone else was sleeping out;

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65220

I've uploaded a couple of photos to give those who weren't lucky enough to join us an idea of our camp;(sorry about the quality of the pics, the light was failing and the phone is never up to a decent quality for forum posts).

My side of the camp; a Polish Poncho Tent. Served me well but needs a decent coat of repellent as it's donkey's years old, and has seen more time on the sand than in the forest!

Mark's (aka Oakhill Wanderer) side of the camp, with his DD Tarp and Frontline setup.

A final view of the setup :)

Setting up camp was a bit of a nightmare as the snow had begun to melt, which was followed by persistent rain and sleet which made the choice of site a dit of a drawn out affair just in case the melt continued causing the camp to become waterlogged (less of a problem for Mark, but a significant problem for myself).

We found a patch of higher ground, some 100 yards or so from a brook, which suited our needs rather well. I set about by skimming the snow off the surface and leveling the pitch before erecting the tent and flooring it with a couple if IPK sheets (which performed very well indeed!).

Temp's dipped overnight to -4°C and a little lower with windchill, but the two UCO lanterns in the tent kept the frost off and I was warm as toast! :)

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Just south of Derby itself. We're quite lucky in the sense that we have two woodlands to choose from; one deciduous and one coniferous :)

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I've done Shining Cliff once before, but the place is a nightmare for people walking by. No peace and quiet but stunning surroundings.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE