A Quick Brades Refurb...

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
This was an easy one , it was quite clean, and not that rusty, and just had a little bit of poll damage so that was a quick clean up with some lemon juice one for a few minutes, and a file for the poll, but it had no helve.

Its a Brades Criterion 312, 1.5lb, I used an old helve that I had and made one to suit what I wanted, taped in a wedge, and hey ho, this will be my little belt order axe for use around the camp site.

Thought I would change the style of Mask on this one... made out of 3mm Veg Tan with a 3mm welt and finished in Dark Brown.

DSC_1029.jpg

Hope you like

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've always liked Brades stuff, got various billhooks and a small mattock that fits on a pack, but never got hold of one of their axes.......1.5 lbs. is just right for a belt/camp axe, it looks a cracker!..atb mac

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Nice job done Stew mate, think I have one of them or had one of them, yes I like Brades axes also.
Nice axe mask, like it better than the other you posted recently.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you guys, I must admit I like the mask, I did used to make just a bit mask, that sort of evolved to the full bit and cheek, The Brades is nice, but I think my fave shape is the Kent Pattern tho..

I have got another Brades Criterion (289) 1 3/4lb sitting in the corner in the same very good condition probley better, that I need to Helve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE