Image0282.jpg

Did whoever lives here.....

Image0280.jpg

Leave the droppings in the foreground?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They look like rabbit to me. It's a bit too fuzzy for a positive ID, but they lack several characteristics of deer.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Rabbit would make sense as they were near the warren ( I assume its a warren) in the other pic. I always struggle to tell rabbit and deer droppings apart.

I had thought that maybe the foreground poo was badger.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd agree with rabbit droppings but that hole at the front looks more like badger given the shape of it. There should be a latrine nearby if it is in use.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Those little ones look like deer to me, they look almost black and oval shaped rather than spherical I can pick out five or six which definitely look oval shaped, but of course it's hard to be sure with the quality of the pic ...

poo2.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Deer droppings are dead smooth, usually with a taper. Rabbits are round or oval and look rough.

Badger setts are large and D ( D laid horizontal on flat side) and have definate worn paths and massive signs of excavation outside. Rabbits are smaller and 0 shaped and have droppings outside and their excavating looks more like small scrapings than major earth movement.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, you would see very clear paths if badgers were using them. They tend to brush their own paths very well due to the fluffy skirts they have. Most badger paths in woodlands can be mistaken for being human made, they are that defined. In fact many paths used by us in woodlands are actually first made by badgers.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
My local Badgers like their beetles,Dor? I think.

If you look at their feaces, the shiny shells should be evident.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE