A Pressing Engagement...Pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stovie - I'm so impressed!

I'm with you on how hard pressing is! I have a small stainless fruit press and unless the apples are really ripe its very inefficient (works okay on softer fruit though).

I confess to small batches going through BBs electric "juicer" :eek:

If you give up on the oak press though, I'll put a bid in :D Just as a piece of art its amazing (ditton the masher / chopper)

Fantastic thread!

Red

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Excellent thread. It brought back memories as I worked for Aspall (check out their cyder) for thirteen years and still manage the deer population around their 90 acres of organic orchards.They have a massive wooden press, complete with wooden thread in the old cyder house and the granite circular trough and pony drawn stone used for mashing is still present.
Of course the apples are currently pressed using state of the art Swiss presses but the nostalgia remains.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
... I worked for Aspall (check out their cyder) ...

Funnily enough I was enjoying a cool glass of that very beverage just yesterday. Very pleasant indeed and a fair bit stronger than I'd expected.

Excellent thread and very informative pics. Having finally bought a house (moving in soon, I hope!) I'm looking to start up a bit of cider making in the future... on a rather smaller scale. Lovely to see folks actually getting on and doing things, which is one of the great pleasures of this site compared to some where it's all aimless "pie in the sky" chatter.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Thought you might like to see some of the golden liquid bottled up. MERRY CHRISTMAS !

DSCF6543copy.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE