A new leather bag help wanted

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Hi members of BcUk
One of our users on the Facebook page would like your help, here is what he wrote.

I am a leatherworker from the UK , and am in the process of designing a new leather bag, that is soley for trekking, bushcraft, wilderness camping etc, not for the highstreet !

It will be a totally different design to anything I know of out there atm.

I would appreciate if you have any ideas you could put forward to the design , in that you would look for / want out of a wilderness type bag . Or even if you could ask your members for their input?

I kinda of know which way it is going but it is always handy for other peoples opinions when designing/making equipment as they can often highlight a need that you didn't think of .

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Ashley Clarke

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
straps on the base of the bag (or d rings that would allow you to fit them) that would mean you could attach a rolled up waterproof, blanket or tarp.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
I know that Ashley is suggesting something entirely different - does that mean not a backpack, not a daypack, etc? Or is the difference in material, stitching and techniques?

D-rings as suggested are a good idea, but I might be visualising something completely different to everyone else!

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
An integral rain cover would come in handy in this neck of the woods! :umbrella:
Perhaps some means of stiffening the back panel too?
Good luck with it.Interesting to see what you come up with.
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE