A modular knife based kit.

Well, this kit of Lisa's, my wife, didn't start out as being knife based, and isn't always. Friday when we went out it was in her purse along with a Chris Reeve Aviator, but not attached. She really loves the Aviator.

The bag it's self
PICT0157.jpg

Lisa holding it by it's self
PICT0186.jpg

kit and Aviator
PICT0166.jpg

PICT0167.jpg

outside contents; firesteel, mag lite, whistle with thermometer, compass, and magnafying glass, a waterproof match case
PICT0175.jpg

inside contents so far
PICT0177.jpg

it has poison ivy wipes, bandages, sting ease pen, quick clean wipes, a gerber ridge knife, a magnesium fire starter, a stone, and a little cash, have added a pill bob since this picture with alieve, ibuprofen, benadryl, and children's benadryl. Still room and a few things to add.
PICT0178.jpg

her with it attached to the aviator while cleaning up around the fire pit, I'm so glad warm weather is here and I can get her outside again, I miss my hiking partner in the winter ;)
PICT0188.jpg

PICT0192.jpg

Here she has it attached to her ka-bar...., she likes the drop sheath I made for her, now I have to make one for the aviator as she likes it much better than the ka-bar.
PICT0202.jpg

PICT0203.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

she wore it do regular activities to test the comfort, cooking, around the house, even drove a little.
PICT0212.jpg

PICT0200cropped.jpg

galew

Tenderfoot
Looks good, I wonder about the things on the outside, if in the bush, I would think they might not be there when wanted, I have had too many things come loose when walking through the thick of things. Can't tell if everything is secured well or not. Does the match vault have a tie down place on it, or is it just strapped on?

Thanks, very good eye as everything is actualy tied down by it's own lanyard EXCEPT for the match case which is simply held in by the elastic cord wrapped around it and above and below it. I am going to epoxy some type of tie down point on it..., guess I should get on that thank you for reminding me.

it has poison ivy wipes, bandages, sting ease pen, quick clean wipes, a gerber ridge knife, a magnesium fire starter, a stone, and a little cash, have added a pill bob since this picture with alieve, ibuprofen, benadryl, and children's benadryl. Still room and a few things to add.

Thanks for sharing. I really must make a sheath like that one day.

Personally, I'd make only a few very minor changes:

• Swap the sting ease for a small wipe on stick and add antihistamine pills.
  • Substitute a sheathed razor blade for the small knife
  • Ditch the stone
  • Replace the matches with a BIC lighter

I'd also mount the survival pack separate to the knife and use a pouch that didn't have things hanging on the outside. Leaving spare room is good, it's easier to dig things out and you can fill it with tinder on the trail.

Thanks for the input, because it was getting several views but no input I was begining to wonder if I had chosen the wrong pictures (my favorites) and people were being distracted more by the cleavage and not paying attention to the kit lol, but I kept telling myself that this was being posted on a UK site and with the television shows and commercials you all have that wouldn't be an issue :) . We haven't had the chance to test this kit in the bush as she is a full time student at the university here and we have a three year old so maybe this winter but more likely over this next coming summer. Mainly it stays in the trunk of her car in a contingency bag. If you check out this thread it should explain my thoughts on needing car kits.

http://www.wildsurvive.com/outdoor-camping-forum/index.php/topic,2891.msg126859.html#msg126859

here are a couple of other pics I had meant to post. It shows how the kit isn't always attached to the knife. As you can see everything is attached, tied and tucked the only item not securely attached is the match case......, and umm, lol, other than giving her a few of the items..., the firesteel, the canopener, in the kit I had nothing to do with it. Lisa found the bag and and everything else and designed and put it together all by herself. We still need to pick up some other things like some new skin.

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0307.jpg

SAhe likes how the light worked out alot.
PICT0308.jpg

PICT0311.jpg

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Well, this kit of Lisa's, my wife, didn't start out as being knife based, and isn't always. Friday when we went out it was in her purse along with a Chris Reeve Aviator, but not attached. She really loves the Aviator.

The bag it's self
PICT0157.jpg

Lisa holding it by it's self
PICT0186.jpg

kit and Aviator
PICT0166.jpg

PICT0167.jpg

outside contents; firesteel, mag lite, whistle with thermometer, compass, and magnafying glass, a waterproof match case
PICT0175.jpg

inside contents so far
PICT0177.jpg

PICT0178.jpg

her with it attached to the aviator while cleaning up around the fire pit, I'm so glad warm weather is here and I can get her outside again, I miss my hiking partner in the winter ;)
PICT0188.jpg

PICT0192.jpg

Here she has it attached to her ka-bar...., she likes the drop sheath I made for her, now I have to make one for the aviator as she likes it much better than the ka-bar.
PICT0202.jpg

PICT0203.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

she wore it do regular activities to test the comfort, cooking, around the house, even drove a little.
PICT0212.jpg

PICT0200cropped.jpg

good one You never stop.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE