A Midsummer Hike

Well...it's still doing something odd...asking me to log in on the left....twlling me I am logged in on the right....but it's letting me start this post so I'm not going to complain.

Work today was one of those interesting projects that took me to one of my favorite places…the woods of Walden’s Ridge. Today I drove along dirt roads, walked along wooded paths, hiked through unmarked forests, through field, and beside streams and ponds. I thought I’d share some of the pictures I took while I was out there.

This is where I parked, out at Ritchie point.

IMG_4313modified.jpg

There were some nice snacks along the way.

IMG_4321modified.jpg

IMG_4323modified.jpg

IMG_4325modified.jpg

I found this little fellow just laying in the middle of a dirt road.

IMG_4333modified.jpg

And lots of these along the side of the road.

IMG_4326modified.jpg

And I found a burl on the side of that road that I wishedd I'd had a way to cut.

IMG_4315modified.jpg

The view looking through the woods was nice so I went to look for a few pieces of fatwood.

IMG_4318modified.jpg

IMG_4259modified.jpg

IMG_4338modified.jpg

I came to a few fields. And had the oportunity to spook a couple of deer. If you ever want a deers undivided attention just push the zoom button.

IMG_4239modified.jpg

IMG_4238modified.jpg

IMG_4240modified.jpg

IMG_4241modified.jpg

I worked my way over to Davis pond for a look around. The water was pretty brown, I suppose all of the storms churned it up pretty good….it’s not very deep along the edges.

IMG_4295modified.jpg

IMG_4293modified.jpg

There were a few clouds in the sky today but no rain.

IMG_4294modified.jpg

The Cherry trees were completely bare.

IMG_4297modified.jpg

But the Japanese Silverberries are coming along.

IMG_4303modified.jpg

IMG_4305modified.jpg

These little guys sure seem to love them. All and all it was an enjoyable walk, that's one part of work that doesn't get old...well yet anyway.

IMG_4300modified.jpg

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Ditto - great pics Mistwalker and appreciated. I like looking at them when I can't get out and about; they 'kind of' make me feel like I have which is always nice!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE