A meths stove vid

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
The felt was from Minibulldesign, I buy his windshields as it works out more bang for your buck, $7 for a 4x18 inch strip plus $5 postage. You can buy a 3x3 foot blanket of the stuff in the USA for $25 sadly they wont ship to the UK.

Yep could be a thirsty stove but I have yet to see it's consumption rates? It's just a bigger version of what I use in my cook kit. The reason for the valve is I just wanted to try it out and so I can set the remote feed up high so I have good flow all the time and to eventually regulate the flow with the valve?

Will look into that wool Paul.

Steve.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I keep wanting to change over to methanol but cant get it localy for the 60p or so it seems to be on ebay at. Every time i start playing at making stoves i seem to kill a litre lol. you've inspired me to have a go so ive just ordered some m4 nipples and some silicone tube to have a play with. went for m4 as i have some m4 rivnuts and hopefully it will be plug and play

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Yep I'm a bit wary of methanol as I'm clumsy and am always spilling meths over myself! Neat methanol could be worse through skin contact versus meths? I recently bought 4x5 litre containers from a place called rest express http://www.restexpress.co.uk/acatalog/Methylated_Spirits.html the cheapest I could find?

The larger bore tube and nipples are great for bigger stoves as the flow is greater. They will be ok for smaller stoves but you may have to regulate the flow by some sort of device that restricts the tube flow, maybe something simple as a cloths peg? For tiny stoves the micro tube and nipples are the way to go but the only place I can get 'em is MBD.

Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE