A great day out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Had a great day out with my nephews yesterday, we were in the woods by 0800 and didn't get home until late afternoon, the boys really enjoyed it, we enjoyed some wild foods, and i found the biggest patch of wild strawberrys i have ever seen, must have been 20ft square, shame we missed the harvest :( , still we found a new source of Cherry Plums and a few early blackberry's :) :) ,

Herewith a few pics of our day out:

Nearly there, both boys carried their rucksacks there and back, probably a round trip of 3-4 miles, if not more!

Nearly%20there.jpg

My eldest nephew making tinder from dry clematis bark, he loves doing this, little pyromaniac that he is

tinder%20collecting.jpg

Time for a tea break, youngest one stuffing his face, the other taking a rest in my hammock and trying to hide from the camera

tea%20break.jpg

I tasked the boys to make a shelter while we were there, I was going to take a lot of pics of work in progress, but totaly forgot until it was too late, got eldest one making the finishing touches to the shelter here, thatched with Moss and leaf mould, this is the first time they have built this type of shelter, i think they made a really good job of it

finishing%20touches%20outside.jpg

The finished product

it's%20finished2.jpg

Room for two in this shelter

room%20for%20two.jpg

Pride in their work

we%20made%20this.jpg

The boys had a really great time, as did I, tasking them to build a shelter gave them something to focus on for a while, and they really enjoyed building it, we had a couple of funny moments, one was where we were lying in our hammocks, eldest nephew was sitting in his, i looked over one minute he was there, the next he was sitting on the ground having fallen out, i have never heard him laugh so hard, then blow me down, he went to sit in it again and messed it up BIG TIME, backside in the hammock, feet on the ground one side and his head resting on the ground on the other side, that just cracked us all up, youngest one decided to go down the side of a small hill on the loose chalk sitting on his backside, then the boys challenged me to climb a tree so i did, and promptly fell out of it, the hysterics from the boys made it worthwhile though.

Can't wait until next weekend :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE