A few days on Loch Goil

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like another fine trip guys. I am feeling the need for a scottish trip coming on again soon. Thanks for sharing chaps.

Andy

You're always welcome Andy. I'm probably not gonna be out until the back end of August now but we'll get something arranged.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Looks great!
How were the midges?
The Waverly is the worlds last ocean-going paddle steamer and the engine is poetry in motion to watch! I'm afraid it's my favourite boat!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There was enough of a breeze to keep them away most of the time, when it did drop they made an appearance. The first afternoon there was pretty calm so we were all slapping on the Nordic Summer and Autan :mosquitos:

The Waverley was great to see, she just appeared round the corner as we sat and watched the waves and white caps out in the bay. She made a great thumping sound as the paddles hit the water, it was only audible when she was up wind of us which was interesting.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Great pics , some of the weather we had last week was mental , we were up north at the reiff area , and the wind's were unbeleiveble

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
The Waverly is the worlds last ocean-going paddle steamer and the engine is poetry in motion to watch! I'm afraid it's my favourite boat!

Don't worry about it, you're in good company. Stuart and I had flicked into nostalga mode before she'd even cleared the headland. Here's another pic in higher resolution. :)
Do you know if those masts are functional? Does she have an emergency downwind rig?

Stuart, Carrick in Gaelic means rock.
...so no wonder they crop up all over the place. :rolleyes:

Here's a pano from the bay. Click for bigger pic.

Fantastic pictures Rich...guys. Thanks for sharing, it looks like it was an awesome time. I really want to get a chute like that but alas I'd spend my time under it alone. To collect half a dozen people i think I'd enjoy setting up a camp like that with I'd have to make a global flight to places like the U.K., Scotland, Australia, Canada, and the western U.S. Seems a lot of trouble for a camping trip. It would be awesome yes... but a great lot of trouble none the less :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Fantastic pictures Rich...guys. Thanks for sharing, it looks like it was an awesome time. I really want to get a chute like that but alas I'd spend my time under it alone. To collect half a dozen people i think I'd enjoy setting up a camp like that with I'd have to make a global flight to places like the U.K., Scotland, Australia, Canada, and the western U.S. Seems a lot of trouble for a camping trip. It would be awesome yes... but a great lot of trouble none the less :)

If you ever make it over the pond Brian, give us a shout and we'll sort a paddling trip to Scotland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE