A Few Bits and Pieces

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Been making a few odds and ends over the last few weeks, and thought I'd share them with you all.
First up is a knife. It's made from an old carving knife I found at the bottom of a tool box. It's a nice, broad, short blade (3 1/2") and sits very well in the hand. This is currently my knife d'jour. The sheath was made from some leather given to me free by a local shoe-repairer!
3029373589_ba888f5f99.jpg

Next up is a pouch. It was made from the last few bits of leather from a jacket I bought at a boot fair for just £1.50. It's about 5" square and is yet to find a 'bushcraft' purpose - it's currently home to loads of dice. I also put a belt loop on it for versatility.
3030207738_542b3d35e7.jpg

Then we have an alcohol stove. I love this little thing. As you can see it's already been used a couple of times. The windshield/pot stand is made of stainless steel sheet and clamps around the billy can for storage. Behind it is a coconut cup. I was going to put a wooden handle on this, but couldn't decide what glue would be strong enough to hold 1/2 pint of hot liquid without the heat and weight pulling it off. In the end, it's better without a handle, since with a handle it wouldn't fit in my canteen pouch!
3030207864_1411394c39.jpg

And lastly is an 'in-field' sharpening kit. It's derived from ????'s '£5 sharpening kit'. Each board is 3"x2".
3029373757_02eeed8232.jpg

Next project is undecided. I recently bought a crook knife, so it will be something with that. I'll probably not do one of the ubiquitous spoons, and maybe do a bowl/dish instead.
Any recommendations for wood will be best?

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Been making a few odds and ends over the last few weeks, and thought I'd share them with you all.
First up is a knife. It's made from an old carving knife I found at the bottom of a tool box. It's a nice, broad, short blade (3 1/2") and sits very well in the hand. This is currently my knife d'jour. The sheath was made from some leather given to me free by a local shoe-repairer!
3029373589_ba888f5f99.jpg

Next up is a pouch. It was made from the last few bits of leather from a jacket I bought at a boot fair for just £1.50. It's about 5" square and is yet to find a 'bushcraft' purpose - it's currently home to loads of dice. I also put a belt loop on it for versatility.
3030207738_542b3d35e7.jpg

Then we have an alcohol stove. I love this little thing. As you can see it's already been used a couple of times. The windshield/pot stand is made of stainless steel sheet and clamps around the billy can for storage. Behind it is a coconut cup. I was going to put a wooden handle on this, but couldn't decide what glue would be strong enough to hold 1/2 pint of hot liquid without the heat and weight pulling it off. In the end, it's better without a handle, since with a handle it wouldn't fit in my canteen pouch!
3030207864_1411394c39.jpg

And lastly is an 'in-field' sharpening kit. It's derived from ????'s '£5 sharpening kit'. Each board is 3"x2".
3029373757_02eeed8232.jpg

Next project is undecided. I recently bought a crook knife, so it will be something with that. I'll probably not do one of the ubiquitous spoons, and maybe do a bowl/dish instead.
Any recommendations for wood will be best?

Some smashing bits and bobs there:cool:
For your carving- birch or for bowls try sycamore, both green of course;)
best wishes
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE