a dream come true

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
I have the DVD, have probably watched it a dozen times all the way through. We even showed it to our Boy Scout troop, they were amazed by the skills demonstrated.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That DVD is as good as sold from those clips. Amazing! He was 51 when he started out! No spring chicken, but he stayed there till past 80! Incredible!

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
ahh, Dick Proenneke, I recently posted a couple of photos of his beautiful cabin at Twin-lakes on the BCUK gallery:
cabin.jpg

and matured somewhat...
maturedcabin.jpg

Dick Proenneke originally planned to spend just a year in the cabin he built, but he then spent the next 35 years living there! And he must have been fit!.. "During a visit from Bob Swerer for a documentary, Dick performed 70 chin-ups on his 70th birthday." :eek: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm badgering him about these, if not it will have to be the PBS shop, don't know if they ship to UK or not! No wonder America gets such a bad press, some of them can be awkward buggers at the best of times!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Finally got around to watching the first "Alone in the Wilderness". Pretty amazing stuff.

The speed which he built the walls of that cabin, seemed remarkable, in just 10 days from logs (which he cut in the previous year in preparation).

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
But will that dvd play over in the Uk?
Thats the one advertised on Us ebay
Bit of a techno dunce so dunno if it will play on my Play station as its the only dvd player I have....it says region 1 us/can I think.
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE