A destructive Meet

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - this month's meet was ...destructive!
My Debris Shelter gear store was becoming a bit shaky, with the end of the ridge pole rotting away in the fork of the tree so I determined that it was time for it to come down in a controlled manner.
Most of the wood in the structure was still sound and was reused in other projects - or as firewood! The debris was moved to the hedge to form "habitat" piles.
P9170042.jpg
P9170043.jpg
P9170044.jpg
P9170048.jpg
Stuart decided his windbreak was also past its best and he took that apart saving the good hazels for future use.
A lot of my time was spent cutting back rampant bramble growth - it has been a good growing season!
Stuart let us plat with his new folding grill stand - a great bit of kit :)
Other than that I had fun baking using my new micro Dutch Oven and testing other kit and of course - putting the world to rights!
P9160031.jpgP9170036.jpg
Other activities included setting and checking a fox trap (empty...) wood carving, a bit of a stroll ... and all the usually blathering etc :)
Another fine weekend away fro the routine :)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Mmm! I can almost smell that baking from here and the result looks good too. Shadey lot sitting round that fire, looks like they're waiting for the still to turn out the next batch of White Lightning....:lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Isn't it good the way that our leftover stuff biodegrades tidily and usefully ? :D

Mine from this weekend is now flooring a faux roundhouse.

Nice set of photos John; it looks like a good meet up there :cool: Thank you for sharing :)

M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It is a Petromax ft1 capacity 1.7l ... a full review will be posted as soon as I have used it a bit more :)
I did not get destructive enough at the Meet - my favourite chair broke yesterday... right in the middle of a one day taster course I was running... and which was being filmed.
It is hard to look good when you fall on the ground while eating lunch!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE