A couple ofbike bags, leather bottles, a hat and what next??

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Ive been loitering on the forum for ages and some time ago made a sheath for a Frost Mora, a sheath for a cheap small axe and a sheath for my folding saw - no photos of these cos they are in the car......
However we recently bought a couple of beach cruiser bicycles and needed a method of carrying a mini pump spare inner tube etc so I stitched up a couple of handlebar bags.

100_0828.jpg

100_0829.jpg

I then decided to make a bottle which I completely soaked in beeswax to seal it and turned up an aluminium stopper.

100_0856.jpg

The out walking idiot dog I saw a jogger carring a bottle with a thumb hole, which sowed the seed of an idea........didnt really work out too well, but its a learning curve, and well after leaving it in the oven "warming up" for the beeswax treatment, I took a phone call and forgot all about it and it cooked a bit too much, I wont bin it tho as its decorative - still needs a stopper tho.....

100_0857.jpg

Next I made a leather hat from a piece about 2 foot square, I dont like it at all, it doesnt suit me, and will be taken apart and the leather recycled into something else...................

100_0858.jpg

Its my birthday today and the pink one bought me a side of cow hide, wow! what a lot of leather, THICK leather, a good 5/6mm - God knows what Ill make with it, any suggestions??

Great forum!

Paul

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Nice work there. I like the handlebar bag. Keep an eye out now for a bloke with a white terrier in his car trying to get close enough to nudge you over into a ditch so he can pinch it ;) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE