A Challenge!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Here's a challenge for those amongst us who like such things; one of my nieces has been asked, as part of a university project, to cobble together as many as possible of the following.....

Compose a sentence or phrase in which all the letters of the alphabet are used but none repeated, so there would be all 26 letters used just the once. It's acceptable to make use of commonly heard foreign words or phrases.

That's exactly what she's been asked to do, and I'm not even sure it's possible. I've been mulling it over this past hour or so and I'm really intrigued; I'm going to sleep on it and then give it some attention tomorrow, and for some time beyond that, I fear :confused:

I wonder if anybody else might come up with something?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
"A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

This is a known solution to the problem, and I believe the shortest grammatically correct sentence with all 26 letters. 7 letters too many, using 2a, 4o, 2r, 2u and 2e.

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Wowzer! I wasn't sure anybody would take an interest in this one; Mike, I didn't know whether this was a known thing, a chestnut.......

I'm off to sleep, thanks for your interest :)

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mr. Jock, TV quiz PhD, bags few lynx
Perfect pangram there I think

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Great stuff, folks; the more the merrier!

@ Demographic: "They're called perfect pangrams. Can she use abbreviations and/or acronyms?" Yes, she is as otherwise it's pretty undoable.........it's a fairly loose brief but no completely off the wall stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE