A busy 2 weeks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Been a busy few weeks just gone but have filled my time visiting a few intresting events and places and meeting a few guys ive not had the pleasure of before in real life.
First off went to the Festival of the tree held at Westonbirt national arbouretum not far from my house. Some great examples of green workers and some simpley sublime carving both with traditional tools and chainsaws. The chainsaw carving competition produced some of the best ive seen for the last few years.
IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

After a heads up from Toddy on the thursday i took a trip over to Largs for a Haggis supper and a look arround the viking village which was part of the viking festival which i thoughly enjoyed. The woman who was doing the textiles was particularly helpfull and gave me a one to one tutorial for a few things to do with the wool left from the sheep skins rugs i recently made from my butchered animals.
IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Friday back down to the Welsh/English border for a South Wales Bushcrafters meet. The usual fair and worth travelling for, new to me this weekend i made an earthenware bowl and cup adn feasted on an ostrich egg ommlete which the children loved finding in the woods after being told about the escaped birds ther night before lol.

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

Back up to Scotland and after another 4 day at work took time tio spend 3 days camping in the glorious weather at Loch Ken meeting up with Barn Owl of this parish and Bernie garland from BCL. Feasted on pike and crayfish caught from the loch and even had a swim. A fantastic place to visit and have a paddle i will be deffiantly going bcak again this year.
IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

Had a great few weeks milling about around the country and meeting differnet folk. Hoep you enjoyed th epics and more can be found in my gallery here [URL="

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE