A Bit of Greenery

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was asked by a member of another forum if I could make them a matched set of knife sheath and saw pouch, similar to a recent sheath I'd made.

so this is the result;
P7030007.jpg

The leaves are carved and then outlined with saddle stitch

P7030004.jpg

A lot of work for purely decorative purposes but I'm happy with the result:)

P7030001.jpg

cheers

Steve

rancid badger

Thanks very much.

I must admit, there were times over the week it took, stitching the leaves, that I wondered why I'd said I'd do the job to be honest!

I'm getting a bit of bother with the first joints of my left index and middle fingers, (I suspect it's arthritis) so I often have to use pliers for the seam stitching but I could only manage an hour or so on the leaves at a time.

I'm very pleased with the colouring though, it came out better than I'd expected and once again I learned quite a lot doing it.

As usual,my pictures really don't show the depth of colour but then I just tend to put the camera on auto and click away!:rolleyes:

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Wow Steve that looks prime!!
Top job ,to be honest I dont think the knife and saw do the sheathes honor, the man will need a new set of equipment
Superb, and good luck on the fingers
Yours sincerely and admirer Ruud

rancid badger

Many thanks for the very kind comments.

Equipment wise, the pouch is designed specifically for the Laplander, although it'll take any similar sized saw. The sheath will fit a fair range of knives from the humble clipper, to the Bernie Garland bushcrafters, Falkniven F1's, Spyderco bushcrafters all the way through to the woodlore knife.( pretty much the same range as most of the sheaths seen on the forum)

I do enjoy this sort thing, at least the finished item anyway!:D

To be honest, it's a bit of a leap of faith every time I start a project like this, because I never know quite how it'll turn out and it's not always easy to get the colouring to match:eek:

kind regards

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE