A big thanks to DD Hammocks ... Happy Hammocking pic's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
My college students have really got into the hammocking lark thanks to the support of Nick and his team at DD Hammocks who set up a tremendous group buy for us. In preparation for a 2 night 'expedition' the students spent a day rigging hammocks in unusual places. It was pretty good fun, so here are the pictures for your entertainment and as a thank you to Nick at DD Hammocks:

The results -

Canoe trailer:

Triple woodland stream:

Canal bridge:

Historic industrial ironwork hammer:

Land Rover / Fence:

Sniper position:

No trees:

Lamp post:
[/QUOTE]

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
I want to keep you guessing but will keep the thread on track with a prompt reply ;-)

It involved a buoyancy aid, climbing helmet and harness ... the student was then belayed as he climbed through the parapet and down into the hammock before removing all the obvious aids (the BA is still on him though, as you can see). A lot of set-up but a cool picture for it!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You've got to work hard to make this stuff fun and hold their attention at college age; they all look happy and involved so you must be doing something right.................Good stuff :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
i would love to see the face of anyone on a narrowboat approaching that canal bridge, the eyes must have popped out of their head.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE