8 miles on Blanchland Moor (Pics+vid)

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a few pictures from a walk I went on last sunday :)

We all came from the Newcastle area and there hasnt been any snow so a few we poorly prepared, not me though!
It got pretty bad half way through as we were heading to a shooting hut for lunch and the wind was picking up the snow into a blizzard.
We were following posts that were sticking up a foot or so over the snow, we could just walk over fences,gates etc.

Was enjoyable overall, I felt sorry for the girl in JEANS with cheap waterproofs over the top! I ended up lending her my Outdoor Research balaclava.

Snugpak head to toe with a DDponcho was a great system, I was thinking of getting some gaiters a few days before but decided against it, lets just say my Meindls worked well as two muddy bags after i went through into hidden bog. The rest didnt follow me thats for sure!

T

IMAG1478.jpg

IMAG1479.jpg

IMAG1480.jpg

IMAG1481.jpg

IMAG1482.jpg

IMAG1483.jpg

This is taken as we got to the top of the moor when it turned from a sunny still day to strong winds with icy bits sandblasting all the exposed bits!

IMAG1484.jpg

IMAG1485.jpg

IMAG1487.jpg

IMAG1488.jpg

IMAG1489.jpg

IMAG1491.jpg

Me at the back making sure this lady didnt get left behind, arnt I a gent..:stretcher:

[video=youtube;GVvlLbUICZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVvlLbUICZw[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE