7" tablet advice needed please gentlemen

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Save your money and wait until you have enough for a more known make. I have one and it doesn't do a lot. Even the kindle app freezes all the time. Got a kindle fire at christmas and it does what I want. Internet browsing, forums, youtube, and of course books.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I've got an iPad mini for all my Internet stuff and I can't fault it! Like badger said , save up and get a more well known and well tested one.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Save your money and wait until you have enough for a more known make. I have one and it doesn't do a lot. Even the kindle app freezes all the time. Got a kindle fire at christmas and it does what I want. Internet browsing, forums, youtube, and of course books.

+1 for the kindle- I was in the same predicament and looked at all the same android unbranded tablets etc...held onto my cash and waited- just picked up a kindle fire hd for £80 and its fantastic

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Robbi
'cos i thought that was the standard size​

Depends on your viewpoint; if your male or female !

If I got another, personally I'd look for a bit bigger screen size coz of my eyes but for portability the 7" do seen to be more mobile. My 7" kindle fits in my smock pockets easily.​

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Depends on your viewpoint; if your male or female !

If I got another, personally I'd look for a bit bigger screen size coz of my eyes but for portability the 7" do seen to be more mobile. My 7" kindle fits in my smock pockets easily.[/INDENT]

I give tablet tuition professionally, so far only client who liked 10" have been women who wanted tablets as they werent alowed a laptop. The 7-8" are far more popular with my clients, especially if they are being taken out of the house. A lot have said the weight of 10" have made them to heavy for any length of time unless they are in a stand.

Nexus 7, ive done loads , very popular
Nexus 10, very good screem, £319, however really its a stay at home

Im setting up a hudl in next few weeks, and at the price, it looks extremely promising, only negative appears to be bundled tesco apps.
Unlike the nexus tablets/phones the hudl has an sd card slot. Which is why I would never have a nexus myself, ray mears videos take up most of my 32gb sd card.

short version of above

get a nexus 7 or a hudl.

Al

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I was looking around a few weeks ago for the same sort of thing, and co-incidently my 'phone contract was up so I asked for an upgrade and got a Samsung Galaxy Mega, a little smaller at 6.3", but I couldn't be happier with it...........works perfectly, great screen, easy carry and serves as 'phone as well - and automatic upgrades as they come available; I wouldn't be without it now................atb mac

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I've got a MacBook at home, but bought an iPad mini for travelling and when I am out and about. I use it more than the lappy. You are the bloke who spends good money on a decent tipi, classic fishing kit and the rest. Get a decent tablet mate. You know it makes sense ;)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I'd go for a nexus 7. The latest model is in stock everywhere now, so last year's model can be snapped up very cheaply.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

+1 for the nexus7 I have one and I love it....... Best thing to happen to toilet breaks since the tabloid newspaper :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE