5.11 flat dark earth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a 5.11 Rush 24 backpack. I would prefer multicam or OD but the FDE ones are way cheaper for some reason. Is this going to stick out like a beacon in British woodland - I presume it's intended for the desert?

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I actually liked the colour when I had one. It's a darker brown, akin to a traditional canvas brown if that makes sense and doesn't stand out at all. Mind you I live somewhere with a clay / sandy soil!
I liked the colour, but loathed the bag. ;)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I actually liked the colour when I had one. It's a darker brown, akin to a traditional canvas brown if that makes sense and doesn't stand out at all. Mind you I live somewhere with a clay / sandy soil!
I liked the colour, but loathed the bag. ;)

Why didn't you like the bag?

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
It's like all of those "organised" bags. It has loads of pockets and pouches, but none of them fit what you want to carry in real life, so you end up putting bits you don't need in them because they fit and then the temptation comes along to add pouches to the PALS webbing that dangle like the old pics of hikers with boots, cups and frying pans hanging off their packs.
It's a personal thing I guess, but I prefer either a pack with a lid pocket and main one, or the more traditional main bag, lid with pocket and two side pouches, but then I am a boring old git. :)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Interesting... I want it for shooting, so space for ammo, magazines, silencer, knives, gloves etc. Currently using a Highlander pack but the side pockets are tiny and not easy to expand. I'd be getting this in the US so a lot cheaper than the UK. Did you sell yours?

Orchard

Forager
Dec 17, 2013
Abergavenny
Had a brief look at Kifaru... how much? :eek:

Well made though with a good guarantee, there's about five in the 25L range. Buy once....

Eberlestock have a few that may suit in their hunting range, and come in around half the Kifaru price. Tenzig's another option that may want to look at mate :)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
You can buy tactical packs for £25 - I thought the 5.11 one was expensive!

Think I'll risk it in FDE - I can always fit a camo net over the top of it if I really need to remain hidden during the day. Most of my shooting is done at night anyway...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Well, it's arrived. For a colour that is called "sandstone" it looks remarkably like olive green to me but I'm happy with it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE