4m Canvas Bell Tent with chimney flashing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Hello,

I am putting up my 4m Bell tent for sale. It's in used but good condition and comes with a flashing for a frontier stove, or similar sized stove pipe installed (Stove is NOT included.) The last time it was used was the 2014 Moot. I have since treated myself to a bigger one, and so this one is surplus to requirements. I'm looking for £125 cash, with either pick up from the Essex/Suffolk area, or alternatively I can bring it to the Moot. Now that part is done here come the details and pictures.

I bought the tent a few years ago from www.canvastentshop.co.uk they still sell them. It is the 4m Bushcraft Bell Tent, and they go for £299 new. It seems to be a pretty heavyweight material. I would guess the whole thing weighs around 35kg

Here is the tent at it's last outing at the 2014 Moot. As you may know we had our fair share of rain/monsoons, and other than a few drops wicking through the dutch lacing, the inside stayed perfectly dry.

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

As it was a sunny and dry day today, I put up the tent and took a few more photos so it can be seen in more detail. It was very hot, so I didn't fiddle for too long with the pitching. But did put the tent up on my own (The website says it takes two, and while it does speed things up but, it is not essential). It also needs a bit more of a clean, as it got a bit muddy when it was put away. (It was well dried at home, I've looked and can't see any mildew on it.)

First a quick look around the tent.

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

The sharp eyed may have noticed that I have a mixture of metal and wooden pegs. The ones that came with the tent tend to split after a while, so I bought the metal ones as replacements. (They are also easier to hammer in and get out.) Because of this there are loads of spare pegs. The picture below shows what is left over when the tent was fully pegged out, and also shows the canvas bag for the tent and the Thor-sized mallet that comes with it.

IMG_2041.jpg

Here is a close up of the flashing for the frontier stove chimney. It's been bolted and also heat proof silicone glued in to make sure there are no leaks.

IMG_2049.jpg

Now with the doors open and tied back.

IMG_2050.jpg

A look inside now where you can see the groundsheet. These tents do not come with one, but you can get a bespoke groundsheet for £40 from canvas tent shop. This is a double layer of tarp material that leaves the front area clear as the entrance starts half way up the roof.

IMG_2052.jpg

Now inside looking at the chimney, the staining and spots are from my slight over enthusiasm with the silicone sealant when fitting the chimney.

IMG_2054.jpg

Looking up at the pole. There is a super tough reinforced patch where it meets the tent material that isn't going to be wearing away any time soon. The pole breaks down into 2 parts and fits sideways in my car with a few inches to spare.

IMG_2055.jpg

This shows the Dutch lacing system used to close the tent up.

IMG_2056.jpg

Finally the tent packed away in the bag, with the pole. There are four rope handles on the bag to help carry it.

IMG_2057.jpg

I hope there are enough photos, as I doubt I'll have a chance before the Moot to get it set up again if more are required.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I'm away next weekend 18th/19th though, and plan to head up to the Moot on the 23rd. So catch me before then.

Happy browsing.

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Hmm I was more thinking that if you came with it and the wife liked it......

Understand the space issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I saw a big white package fitting the description at the Moot bring and buy but it had gone a minute later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
I'm now back at home and all unpacked. I did sell the tent at the bring and buy at the Moot, and It did go fairly quickly. The buyer was trying to track me down on the day that I put it in. Thank you everyone for your interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE