3 Piece antler handle carving set. Lovely Christmas Present!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep, Lovely old 3 piece carving set. Very old, good condition for the age and I have not in anyway tried to clean or refurbish them!

There is a sharpening steel with a wooden handle, steel is stamped with what looks like 'JA Gill & sons, Sheffield 1943' that means it was made during the WW2. Still plenty of life left in this and should you decide you'd rather bludgeon a badger with it, I'm sure it would do a grand job as it's very hefty!

A carving fork with dark antler handle. Nicely patinated with age and use, handle is very secure and good to go after a little wipe down! No markings on this one though. Not that I can see anyway.

And lastly the carving knife! Very nice big old carving blade, good and strong with the right amount of flex. Another antler handle, again very secure and not going anywhere and the blade is clearly stamped with 'Wingfield est 1751, Rowbotham, Sheffield' There is also a logo stamped into the steel which looks like an angle and a harp?

Like I said, all are in honest, as found condition with NO bad rust, just patina and mild crud that will scrub off. They would make a lovely addition to a Christmas dinner table or a as a gift for someone who likes old English made stuff.

If you need more pictures let me know!

I'm open to offers, but I'd like an Estwing axe the most right now. Value of these 3 are probably similar to a second hand one.

Thanks for looking and PM if you have questions!

Samon

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
I'm a sucker for a nice bot of antler, could I tempt you with a nice Leatherman Micro in vgc?

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
yep I think it has 10 things attached, I just googled it and it's micra not micro, vgc and well made as you would expect.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hey, I already have a micra, albeit lost in the car somewhere.. lol

So I may have to pass. would you like to offer something else?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE