3.5k Competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Well now, for once as I reach a milestone post there's not a load of top-quality competitions going that I can't compete with, so let's see if this one will fly!

For more years than I care to remember I've made all manner of sticks and staffs, hundreds of them, and from these I've kept back a few; three of these are my firm favourites and I rarely take a bimble without one of them in my hand. What I'd like you to guess is this:

What are the shanks of my three favourite sticks made of, in the order in which I value the sticks?

As a prize I'll offer a really nice condition Italian "ALPINI" canvas pack, to which I've fitted much better shoulder straps; the originals are present and would be easily re-fitted if so desired. If the winner doesn't want this prize I'll negotiate something else of quality from the kit pile

I'll leave this run until Monday evening, so get guessing! :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Congratulations Mac! Nice competition mate!

I'll go Blackthorn, Hazel and a a bit of a punt on cherry :).

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I will try hawthorn, hazel and holly as my original guess has been taken!

Its been a pleasure having you around sir

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
All three woods have been guessed at, and a couple of people have two of the three, but none have all three in any order so I think the best thing to do is the following:

No limit to the number of guesses and it's over if somebody gets it right; Monday evening the closest entry wins.

It's quite a delicate judgement to get the fine line between interesting comp. question and impossible to answer comp. question, eh?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE