24 Hour Challenge Woods...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Guys, been up to the site of the 48 hour Rat Pack challenge today, have a nose around, give the kids and dog some fresh air and put up the parachute, just in case it rains ha ha! Really pretty woods just as i remember it, great site for the challenge too, anyway a few pics, the last field walk in, gateway and a few shots of the wood itself and the running water, which i am now a lot happier with, such a sheltered and peaceful spot.

I can't think of a nicer place to be trapped for 48 hours, bring ir right on!!

Ivan...

Manns Woods 2013 015.jpg Manns Woods 2013 001.jpg

Manns Woods 2013 002.jpg Manns Woods 2013 003.jpg

Manns Woods 2013 004.jpg Manns Woods 2013 005.jpg

Manns Woods 2013 006.jpg Manns Woods 2013 007.jpg

Manns Woods 2013 008.jpg Manns Woods 2013 009.jpg

Manns Woods 2013 010.jpg Manns Woods 2013 011.jpg

Manns Woods 2013 012.jpg Manns Woods 2013 013.jpg

Manns Woods 2013 014.jpg

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Looks like you are going to have great fun. I wish I could have made it. Have you ever tried adding waterproofing agent to a parachute to make it more water repellent? I'm going to soak mine in Fabsil to see what happens, not that I have used mine in anger yet.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Looks like you are going to have great fun. I wish I could have made it. Have you ever tried adding waterproofing agent to a parachute to make it more water repellent? I'm going to soak mine in Fabsil to see what happens, not that I have used mine in anger yet.

Hi Phil, simple answer, no! But that parachute has seen some serious meet action and is so heavily infused with fire smoke that, apart from the droopy bit that forms near the skirt during heavy rain, it is waterproof, that old smoke thing really does work!

Ivan...

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Looks awesome Ivan. I wish you wasn't hundreds of miles away. There are a few people on this forum, who i'd like to bump into, and make them a brew and just listen. You Sir are certainly on that list, it doesn't go unnoticed, all the offers of advice and help you give, and often at your own expense. You are a credit to this forum.
I look forward to meeting you one day.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks awesome Ivan. I wish you wasn't hundreds of miles away. There are a few people on this forum, who i'd like to bump into, and make them a brew and just listen. You Sir are certainly on that list, it doesn't go unnoticed, all the offers of advice and help you give, and often at your own expense. You are a credit to this forum.

I'm with Ammo on that Ivan. Looks a great place and Nutmeg seems to be at home there too. Great fun exploring new places with a mutt. Some folks don't like dogs when out as they feel they scare off wildlife. Apart from one incident with Snoop facing up to a buzzard over a rabbit I found his inquisitive nature and good behaviour was a boon, he showed me lots of things. Nice looking woods, looks a good mix of flora and so should be good for fauna too. Think it'll be fun to get to know the place.
Enjoy and lets have that brew one day.
Colin.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor

Thats very humbling my friend, i was genuinely moved, but i am just one of many characters on here who feel very passionate about what we all love.

I think you would get fed up of listening to me, i can go on a bit! But i am in my element when some of the many friends i have met, due to this forum, come down to my neck of the woods, settle in have a great time, go home happy and smelling of smoke.

Maybe, hopefully our paths will cross one day and i look forward to that brew.

Kind Regards.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Goatboy, a brew a wee nip or two a long and interesting set of woodland tales with you sir is on my bucket list, you have gently put me right on more than one occasion, and for that i am grateful.

One day my friend, one day.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As they say, "All right we're not Americans", before it turns into a total love in thanks for the kind words, appreciated mate.
You do do things in a unique way, helping folk out in a lot of ways that I don't think a lot of folk understand.
I think if we all try to do good to others, regardless of belief or creed it would be better for everyone including ourselves.
Thumpers mum was right.

Speak later,
Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE