23rd of December.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
So yea, on the 23rd of December. I being a nice guy decided to be a nice guy and cook my Fiancée a dinner as she was supposed to be working till late on Christmas day . I walked in to hers a few hours before she was due home to get it ready, well I walked on her cheating on me with another man.

When I had finished (and before you ask me an her just traded insults) I said to my now ex I will send some one round tomorrow for my stuff and the ring, and left.

I brooded and acted Emo for a day and sent my sister round to get my stuff, and I am now looking forward to a bright new future. I am writing this just to finally get it out of my system.

Sorry if I have been odd the last few day's, normal service will resume.

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear your news Chris, time is always a good healer.

Hope you get things sorted out one way or the other.

I've edited out a few bits just to keep it family friendly for our younger members.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Sorry I thought I kept it family friendly, but I can see what you removed was within reason to be removed. My internal censor didn't catch it my apologies.

Yea 48 hours and lot's of scotch have helped.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I feel for you mate. I really do.

Don't dwell, don't second guess yourself. Make time for you. Whenever you get stressed, just go for a walk, have a fag just try and time out. It gets better, and easier.
We all have a tank inside us we full up with negative thoughts and emotions. The trick is not to let it get full and pop.

Take care.
Steve.

touched by nature

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry I thought I kept it family friendly, but I can see what you removed was within reason to be removed. My internal censor didn't catch it my apologies.

Yea 48 hours and lot's of scotch have helped.

No probs, thanks for the understanding

Get some wood time and stare at a fire for a while, I find it usually helps put things in perspective

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Mate
nowt we can say is going to help right now but we're here
get out to the woods and have some campfire time that'll help
really sorry to hear this
Sam

Sam check your PM's

I feel for you mate. I really do.

Don't dwell, don't second guess yourself. Make time for you. Whenever you get stressed, just go for a walk, have a fag just try and time out. It gets better, and easier.
We all have a tank inside us we full up with negative thoughts and emotions. The trick is not to let it get full and pop.

Take care.
Steve.

touched by nature

Thanks Steve, as I said to Sam via PM I am a big guy but a gentle giant this just put me over the edge. I am for the most part putting this aside an moving on to pastures new.

No probs, thanks for the understanding

Get some wood time and stare at a fire for a while, I find it usually helps put things in perspective

As I said my apologies.
But thanks for the advice, the moment I can I am getting out there an doing some me time / fishing.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Keep your chin up mate,tough at the moment no doubts but will ease in time......keep yourself occupied,have a beer if you need to.
Theres plenty of company on here to keep you going.:)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Take it easy pal, and whatever you do, do not sit there blaming yourself!!

I had this happen to me except I didn't catch them, and the guy involved was one of my closest friends at the time.

In my view, when something like this happens it quite simply means that this person isn't meant for you.

Me, I am now married to a wonderful girl, have 4 beautiful daughters and am the luckiest man in the world.

Sometimes these sort if things happen for a reason and that reason could very well be that miss perfect is out there for you waiting to be found, she certainly was for me!!

And remember karma is a right B**CH!!

Take care
Steve

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thats low. I reckon the majority these days, seem to have an unplanned kid or two, and so end up staying together.
In my opinion. However you end it, women just seem to move onto the next bloke as quickly as possible, to get over the last one!
Men tend to get angry, brood and let it fester.
The older you get, the more you realise all this stuff about, there only one person being right for each of us, is a crock.
Ya live and learn. Get out there and get another one.
:bigok:

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
That`s rough bud and I bet your sick of people telling you it will all be sound in the end, which it will be ;)
The one that always makes me laugh is the person/lowlife that shacks up with a lass who already has a fella?? why are they so different that they think its not going to happen to them??

Ah well jib em. You are gonna have to get up to my local permission soon mate and take it out on some long distance arrow flinging!
I have also split out some nice wych elm that should make some pretty nice longbows in the next few months and I know you said you were after one ;)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Poor lass... she's let a moment of getting carried away loose her something great, the chance to be with one of the few men in the world who are in touch with reality, nature, who understand how a proper community can be.... she's the looser. You are free from a burden that could have bitted you after the birth of your children and are free to find consolation in the arms of more deserving women until you happen across a soul mate who will value you properly!

Well done on your gentle giant winning the inner fight against the monster inside. You're a PROPER man and I'm glad you're free to find one of the women out there who can add to your life rather than being a time-bomb liability in it x
:grouphug:

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Happened to me, was the worst day of my life! !! Followed by the best days now married with three girls, ,, it will come good just keep in there fella

All the best Stewart :)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
That`s rough bud and I bet your sick of people telling you it will all be sound in the end, which it will be ;)
The one that always makes me laugh is the person/lowlife that shacks up with a lass who already has a fella?? why are they so different that they think its not going to happen to them??

Ah well jib em. You are gonna have to get up to my local permission soon mate and take it out on some long distance arrow flinging!
I have also split out some nice wych elm that should make some pretty nice longbows in the next few months and I know you said you were after one ;)

OOOOO invite to lose a bow and the hint of a bow... perks me up no end.

And thank's guy's the advice is appreciated.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thats low. I reckon the majority these days, seem to have an unplanned kid or two, and so end up staying together.
In my opinion. However you end it, women just seem to move onto the next bloke as quickly as possible, to get over the last one!
Men tend to get angry, brood and let it fester.
The older you get, the more you realise all this stuff about, there only one person being right for each of us, is a crock.
Ya live and learn. Get out there and get another one.
:bigok:

Sorry to hear this, but +1 to the above. Wish you well mate.:goodluck:

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hard luck mate. Been there, got the T Shirt. Probably the best thing in the long run. I have now been happily married for the second time, for forty years and things couldn't be better. Just don't jump in too quickly . Things will work out fine.

Elen Sentier

"Just don't jump in too quickl" ... good advice. I've been married twice and lots of boyfriends before the first hubby. And don't "want" a girlfriend. The good relationship comes when you no longer need it. And things happen, s**t happens. Being angry is OK and you've not let it fester. Things will work out. Camp fires are very good at times like this, at all times actually. You take care.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
One good thing, Chris, yer not gonna marry her, imagine tying the knot and that happened? good luck to yer in the future, I've been married for 44yrs come next May, some of us live a life of hell :( others are lucky and get away with it. :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE