2012 bushmoot theme?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yup....Olympic themed costumes it is

I think Eric and John ought to go as synchronised swimmers :lmao:

I was thinking more like the 118 blokes, I'll be meeting John for the first time in a few weeks though so I might reconsider that idea :)

Fae Eyes

Mar 2, 2006
Thaxted
I'm on the bah humbug side with John. I have to try to work and fly in and out of it!! Having said that, work have given me two extra days holiday at their own cost to encourage me to stay away from Londond, which means I've taken the whole two weeks off and can thus attend the moot for the first time in 4 years :) Yay!!! Go annoying, waste of money, grind to a halty Olympics.....:p

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh yeah!
Loved the Opening Ceremony!
I understand that it was concieved by Walt Disney and developed by the Childrens Hour Presenters Union with input from The Cheese Marketing Board .....
I switched over to watch a prog on Snowdonia :)
If I am right in my assumptions on the Opening Ceremony then it gives a huge scope for themed events at the Moot!
Cheesiest Dutch Oven Meal cooking
Most unconvincing "traditional" British clothing parade
Chimney building (non operational winches allowed)
Beetle look alkike competition
not to mention
Hide and seek (security company hi viz jackets needed for those hiding)
A to B navigation via signed routes with GPS - slowest most diverted persons win)
Longest journey from pitch to arena that is still actually in Britain

The best event has already been held (before the Moot starts) and was held in Runcorn to make sure it realy counted as part of the Bridgend Moot Games ... it was something amusing ... a game usually played by rather pretty men who fall over and cry a lot when they are not fighting in bars or seeing their friends wives on the side - but played by women you have never heard of ... I thought it best to get it out of the way before the real fun starts :)

What?
Me?
Cynical?

Nah!

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Maybe I am in a minority here (or should that be moanority?:)) but in between drinking and eating at a birthday party on Olympic evening the bits I saw I thought were pretty good. The beginning - to me - was necessary but not sufficient - a slow start building to become better as the evening wore on - of course that could just be the effect of the alcohol. And I didn't even see what many seem to think was the best bit - Mr Bean.

Seemed to me it was a good mix of British culture/history and good things about our country - including music and sense of humour - with a good ending.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE