2 Person Meal Deal Pot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
You know those 2 person curry meal deals from Supermarkets? They normally have 2 x curry, 2 x rice and naan etc

Well I'm after a pot that can cook all that in one go (not the naan obviously).

Preferably relatively light weight to take on hiking overnighters.

Any ideas? Would the Zebra 16 cm cope with that?

Bear mears

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2017
Wolverhampton
get yourself one of these from poundland plenty of room to cook up a tin of curry lol

2eeejyf.jpg

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
If I get boil in bag rice i reckon I might have a pot that can do 2x curries at the same time.

I like putting the rice in the mix too though so Im only messing about with the one pot....

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Throw in the rice and curry together then warm through. Drop of water if you like to loosen it up a bit. Add extra chilli or garlic etc..

I use a tatonka 1.6l pot for pretty much all cooking. With a small carbon steel pan for bannock and any frying.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-6-Litre-Tatonka-Billy-Can/dp/B00472L0GA

I think this is the pan i have, its the model with the lower sides, makes it easier to carry;

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/de-buyer-black-iron-crepe-pan-200mm/dl952

If your planning on setting up a longer term camp a dedicated kettle and grill rack is nice to have.

Tonyuk

Last edited:

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
All good comments.

My issue recently was that I have a Triangia 27 (should of bought the 25 doh) and the 2 person meal wouldnt fit in one of the bowls...so I had to split the food into two bowls...then I didn't have a clean bowl for water boiling. It was no big deal at the time as i had a stream near by to wash the pots soon after. But i did think at the time I need a bigger pot/ billy can for two people one pot cooking.

The Tatonka 1.6 litre will be fine i think :) And EXACTLY what I was looking for so Thank you for that recommendation.

Last edited:

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
That's why the T 27 kettle comes in handy.. granted not big enough for two full cups. Just fill it up and stick it back on to boil.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I have a vacuum heat sealer that I use with these bags. As the inside is smooth, it does not get all the air out, (The real ones have a very fine cross hatch inside but are a lot dearer.) I make a meal or two seal the bag and freeze them. In the field you can seal with a peg or a bit of thin string after popping what you like in. Its even worth warming a tin of beans (contents) in one to save on washing up.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I have a vacuum heat sealer that I use with these bags. As the inside is smooth, it does not get all the air out, (The real ones have a very fine cross hatch inside but are a lot dearer.) I make a meal or two seal the bag and freeze them. In the field you can seal with a peg or a bit of thin string after popping what you like in. Its even worth warming a tin of beans (contents) in one to save on washing up.

Just bought 4 x 6m rolls of the Fresherpak embossed stuff for £20 from eBay. £5 for 6m of tube is good value, the embossing allows better air removal. I use mine to pack biltong, though we have some sausage, salmon and even soups in the freezer. The Fresherpak vac is a great machine, but as with any vac packer, liquid stuff needs to be more carefully bagged or part of your food will end up in the machine. It does make an excellent seal though. Apparently Sous Vide cooking is quite vogue these days too. Marinade your salmon in whatever (teriyaki, chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander) for a bit. Wipe dry and vac. Freeze til needed then drop in hot water. Easy to make up big batches.

For my next night out, it's the bagged omelette. I haven't tried that yet.

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
So much great advice. The 2.5 litre billy looks like a great addition to my cookset to be fair. Plus it is something I can hang over an open fire!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE