2 Person Cooking Set Advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
Hehe. Well, she's happy, so I'm happy.

A local store carries a lot of their items, so we're going to have a look at the weekend. With a bit of luck, I'll find a nice stainless mug around 400ml. Seems not many make them in sizes other than 300ml or 500ml, which I find a bit odd.

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
Squidders, you're not allowed to talk to me about kit any more :p

Anyway, I know this. My wallet knows it too. As weird as it sounds, you've made my mrs very happy! Wish I'd swallowed that info for myself, tbh ;)

Incidentally, the Eurohike set arrived and fits the bill perfectly. The Eagle kettle also arrived and I'm waiting to get it tested for witchcraft with regards to how fast it boils. 2 minutes (filled) on my Coleman f1!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ahhhhhhh you using an old F1, wish I'd known, I'd have said buy this

vango-powerex-kettle-big.jpg

Got the built in heat exchanger, boils almost twice as fast as standard kettles on a camp stove

http://www.cheaptents.com/acatalog/vango-powerex-kettle.html

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
I've ended up with the Vango one as well. It boils 500ml of water 32 seconds faster than my Eagle, but it's a lot less shiny.

Typically, now I'm after a combined meths stove/mug type thing. I'm going down to The Bushcraft Store at the weekend, so I'll see if they have anything that'll fit inside a mug snugly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE