2 or 4 large Hessian sacks

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Ive got some you can have mate, they are bulky and not that light so you would have to figure out how to get them to you but your welcome to them.
Your local tea/coffee merchant will have loads and they are usually glad to get rid of them.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Ive got some you can have mate, they are bulky and not that light so you would have to figure out how to get them to you but your welcome to them.
Your local tea/coffee merchant will have loads and they are usually glad to get rid of them.

Cheers folks, will explore that avenue and get back to you both via thread. My local farms don't have any no more :eek:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Also try any pet food stores - bird seeds etc. are often shipped in 25lb hessian sacks - I scored a load that had bird peanuts in they sold loose

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm after two or better still 4 Hessian sacs. Odd small hole doesn't matter. Pm with price etc. Cheers

You coming up to Scotland to meet the Dundee lassies then? You need two sacks. One for her and one for you in case hers falls off.

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk

Have a careful look at the sacks if you go this route.
A growing amount of coffee is shipped in sacks that look like hessian but is actually a woven, recycled plastic fibre that looks very like hessian. Its obvious when you get close and handle the sacks but not immediately obvious!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Some of the peanuts I buy come in hessian sacks, they're 20kg sacks which are about 750mm long and .450mm wide. I have a few in the shed, I know the mice have eaten holes in at least one. They make excellent tinder.

Are they any use to you?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Bit short and narrow thanks Ged. I wish I could explain why and what for ......but I'd be giving the game away for a forth coming thread ;);)

So what do I need? Roughly 4ft or longer and two foot or wider. Cheers for all the suggestions and offers. Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE