1st Stebbing Scouts Need Your Help with a Bushcraft weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 14, 2012
Felsted
Hi All, the 1st Stebbing Scout group in north Essex are running a backswoods experience weekend for the scouts, on the 2nd and 3rd of April, I am looking for an experienced bushcrafter to assist in helping the kids get the most from the weekend, we have access to a private woodland with lake so should be brilliant. If anyone can help please let me know

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Would'nt this person have to be DBS checked by your Scout troop before working with children? I did when I worked with my local troop. (CRB) then

perhaps not:-

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial], the enquiries must include a criminal records check in the case of a person who: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
a) wishes to become a member or associate member; or

b) may have unsupervised access to young people; or

c) will have involvement with the handling or management of funds; or

d) will be assisting with overnight activities (including nights away); or

e) may be helping out more than once a month.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

copy and pasted from:-
https://members.scouts.org.uk/factsheets/FS321004.pdf

May 14, 2012
Felsted
their will be sufficient DBS leaders for the event and any volunteer would not be left on there own with the Scouts, that way DBS is not necessary. I don't need someone for the whole weekend just a guest for one day. So come on people I need your help.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE