10 cm billy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It could be made with a larger 12 cm billy though, I found a perfect drainer that fits the 12 cm zebra with a very good tight fit for packing away. It was cut in the same way as Gary did his, and I can also fit the 10 cm straight inside with a lid and wire bail arm. I also have a trangia pot support and burner, a finger guard from the back of a computer and a trangia pot handle, a small folding cup and I usually have my wooden spoon in my back pocket. Knife and fire stick baldricked so I have everything I need to make a brew, chuck the lot in a small bag with a nalgene bottle and a few sarnies and I can be off for a good day hike.

If anybody needs one of the 12 cm drainers for a hobo stove, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. I think they were just under 3 quid, they are coated in what I thought was enamel but it burns off to leave a lovely stainless steel underneath.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
made a start pimping my stove spam, got the side bits cut out and hole to fill with fuel, had a thought, do you think some sort of grate inside would improve the air flow, so the actual fire bed is raised off the bottom of the pot

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
made a start pimping my stove spam, got the side bits cut out and hole to fill with fuel, had a thought, do you think some sort of grate inside would improve the air flow, so the actual fire bed is raised off the bottom of the pot

I drop a couple of stones in the bottom for airflow ..... works for me.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, there are holes in the bottom of the drainer, so I was thinking of some legs that could be screwed on. I may get some time tomorrow to have a bash, and then post pics over the weekend. I'll let you know how I get on, and if they work I'll knock you a few up and send them to you to try out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE