10 000 dollar men's leather bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Just saw this piece on the BBC about an American fashion lecturer who is knocking out these - admittedly very handsome - Gladstone style leather bags at 10 000 dollars a pop. Apparantly they take 3 months to make.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32027515

I'm a definate entry level leather worker and this is a lovely looking piece of kit but seriously...?

Anyway, end of rant. As you were guys.

The+Roman+a.jpg

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If he can sell them good luck to him! He's not making them himself though - some skilled Amish leather workers are doing that. I'd say cut out the middle man.

He's creating a luxury brand by selling at a high price - it's not a new concept.

Last edited:

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
Wouldn't give you $500 for it never mind $10k....

Luckylee's bag is really something very special and well beyond my meagre leather working skills. Congrats on THAT bag but as for the ridiculously expensive one - no ta very muckle!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
It's called marketing = shoved in your face for long enough, somebody will buy it for bragging rights.
Was in some(?) store in the city, noticed some attractive leather cases and satchels. $500 - $1,000.
On much closer inspection, understandable. I have short arms and deep pockets.

Thanks for the link to Luckylee's talent.

VaughnT

Forager
Oct 23, 2013
Lost in South Carolina
If there's one thing I've learned about marketing, it's that the story is every bit as important as the product. People are weird creatures and will pay big money for stuff that they think will give them a social boost.

Maybe I should start marketing my ironwork with super-high prices.... $200 flint-strikers, $100 s-hooks, who knows, maybe you'll start seeing my work in a Rolls Royce near you! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE