Recent content by Watch-keeper

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. W

    What did you buy today?

    I bought a Lotus grill, not today but a couple of weeks ago. Lotus Grill My brother in law has an off road camper with all the bells and whistles including this thing. Its really quick to get going and for the small amount of charcoal it uses it burns for quite a long time. The set up from...
  2. W

    G10 or Micarta?

    All of them are good but if i was forced to choose then G10 only because I believe itis less absorbent. You can get extremely grippy G10 and if you do have smooth G10 you can always sand it to give it more texture.
  3. W

    Headlight recommendations please

    I like nite core nu20 but they may not be available anymore. Its small and light has a rechargeable battery is very water resistant has a little cover over the switch to stop accidental activation and is bright enough for everything i need to do. My lad has a black diamond headtorch that runs on...
  4. W

    What wildlife did you spot today?

    A few days ago I had an adult weasel with at least one of its young in tow on my driveway, they dashed under my car and vanished. Straight after that I went in to the garage, I saw a youngster skirting the perimeter of the inside of the garage then run off in the same direction as the others. No...
  5. W

    Course Equivalence - First Aid.

    Also consider what is needed for, some organizations seem to have their preferred qualification and wont accept anything else even if the standard is the same. I've worked for companies that would only accept FREC 3 and then others that would accept anything of a similar level, FREC3 seems to be...
  6. W

    Cast iron cookware

    Petromax are really good quality though :)
  7. W

    What are you currently reading?

    Train Dreams by Denis Johnson, excellent book.
  8. W

    Sick after drinking filtered river water

    I used a Grayl quite a bit in Southeast Asia, The Middle East and Europe and never got sick after using it. So far I have been through 2 filter elements without becoming ill. My strategy was to only use the cleanest looking water available but occasionally I did filter some pretty dodgy looking...
  9. W

    Collapsible chair recommendations

    Snow peak makes a really nice high backed folding chair but its quite expensive.
  10. W

    Decathlon outdoor/hunting trousers

    I like my decathlon trousers too good fit/cut for me and fairly simple design which is a plus in my book plus they are very reasonably priced. One observation is you need to try on several pairs of the size you want because the sizing QC can be a little off. I also have a pair of premium brand...
  11. W

    A brief question

    Fruit of the loom or M&S cotton undercrackers of the Y front variety work for me in almost all social settings.
  12. W

    What did you buy today?

    I bought this today, its for my brother in law I hope he likes it !!
  13. W

    Canadian/British Army slotted buttons

    Hi All Im after slotted buttons like the larger ones used on British Army clothing but can only seem to find them in small quantities. I want about 30 in Olive Green and around 25-30mm in size and also the tape to attach them. Any ideas.
  14. W

    Chest Rigs - How Useful Are They?

    Cross body bags don't work for me, I seem to spend a lot of time climbing over or under things or being on the floor and as soon as you bend over most shoulder bags swing out of position. If you are upright the whole time then they are ok. I prefer a daypack and just take it off if I need to get...
  15. W

    Worst.Job.Ever.

    When I was a youth I did a temp job in collage kitchen prepping it after the summer holiday, there was me and 2 other people, first job was a quick inventory of the supplies. I was given 3 freezers 2 were good but number 3 had failed during the break, the meat within was ripe to say the least...